Wednesday, 23 November 2011

Half Baked In Second Life.


There's no doubt that, in general, the quality of the second life experience is getting better.
But...
sometimes the place drives me crazy. In particular the 'grey people' experience in clubs seems to have got worse, as have the slow baking textures, where people never seem to come completely into focus - without an eternal wait.
Even the layering of textures on my own body seem to now cause blur and de-focus without some considerable trial and error to fix it.
And my final gripe is - particularly in busy spaces the almost un-controlable camera positioning. It either takes huge lunges or just doesn't budge. All these seem to relate to the recent updates of the viewer, so while in some instances clarity intensifies, in others it just declines almost to the point of uselessness.
My questions are - is it SL itself? Is it due to effects and congestion in the sim? Is it the lack of power in my laptop? Is it the speed of my connection?...
And another thing...

Help me any body...  help me...

No comments:

Post a Comment